Heifer Global Village
Visiting the Heifer Global Village at Shepherd’s Spring is an adventure complete with international homes, gardens, and livestock that represent living conditions for developing nations in which Heifer International* works. Our Global Village currently offers eight “home” sites, representing regions of Guatemala, Mozambique, Kenya, Appalachia, Refugees, Thailand, and Tibet.
- Guided one-hour tours: $5 per person
- Guided activity tours (1.5 hours): $10 per person
Additionally, we offer Heifer International’s three, standards-based programs as well as several In-House designed programs that feature the Global Village. Participants in these programs will be challenged to examine their own habits, consumption, and beliefs through unique hands-on learning experiences that seek to promote an awareness and understanding of:
- Environmental Conservation
- Global Economics
- Hunger and Nutrition
- Poverty Issues
- Social Equality and Justice
The program exceeded my expectations. The lessons & demonstrations were meaningful, appropriate, and impactful. The pacing between active and quiet events was perfect. This was exactly what we needed to complete our Bronze Award project. -- Tara, Girl Scout troop leader
Select a program on the left to learn more about what is offered, prices, and how to schedule one of these exciting learning opportunities today!
* Heifer International is a non-profit organization that seeks to improve people's sources of nutrition and income through the gifts of livestock and plants accompanied by training given in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. To learn more about them, please visit their website: www.heifer.org.